Paper mills have large demands for wood chips. Wood chips are raw materials for processing pulp in the paper making industry. The demand for paper is increasing, so wood chipping machine is expanding with the market. Wood chipper is used in the paper making industry.
Wood chipper, also known as wood slicer and tree chipper, is an important machine in wood material processing industry. Wood chipper mainly uses wood logs, large branches, brushwood, wood slab, waste veneer, bamboo, etc. as raw materials and processes them into wood chips or slices with certain specifications. Wood chipper can be divided into disc wood chipper and drum wood chipper. Customers can make their own decisions based on raw materials, budgets and other specific requirements.
The drum wood chipper has higher cost and lower output, so it is not suitable for use in the paper making industry. Generally, the processed wood chips are used in boiler combustion. The disc wood chipper has simple and practical structure, lower cost and higher output, so it is mainly used in the paper making industry.
- Wood cost
- The purchase price of wood chips;
- The demand for wood chips;
- Related processing machine for wood chips.
However, the paper mill still has certain requirements for wood chips produced by wood chipper.
- No matter which kind of logs are used, they must be debarked, that is to say, the wood can be processed into wood chips after being debarked. It is necessary to use a professional wood barker. It can be divided into a drum wood barker and roll wood barker. After the wood is debarked, the disc wood chipper will be used to process it into wood chips;
- Wood chip size: for most of paper mills, there are no specific requirements for wood chip size, but for some paper mills, especially in some parts of China, almost all wood chips require a thickness of 0.3-05cm, a length of 2-5cm and a width of 3-8cm.
The above two points are the requirements of paper mills for wood chips processed by wood chipper. They are the most important for paper mills. For the disc wood chipper, the structure principle is simple and practical, but the investment can be obtained great return. It is the ideal wood chipping machine.
Structure and Working Principle of Disc Wood Chipper
Disc wood chipper is composed of machine chasis, disc blade, feeding hopper, engine, encloser and electric controlling device. Wood chips are drawn from feeding hopper at 10-15° leaning of the edge and chipped as soon as they encounter chipping blades. Disc blades set uniformly on disc plate. During the chipping, cutting blades spin at high speed and chipping chamber creates airflow by which wood chips are blow out of the discharge outlet.
Advantages of Disc Wood Chipper
- Wood slices or chips are adjustable in length and thus disc wood chipper has wide application in wood chip making industry, paper making industry, etc.
2.Low-voltage motor or high-voltage motor for preference. Belt conveyor can be equipped for large capacity wood chips production.
- Raw materials are various in categories such as log, branch, bamboo, limb, cotton stalk, slab, wood leftovers, etc.
- Compact structure, large capacity and high quality wood chips, but low power consumption and noise.
- Disc blades are made of alloy steel or stainless steel; NSK or SKF bearings; robust and durable.
Technical Data of Disc Wood Chipper
Main Shaft Rotatary Speed（r/min）
Blade QTY（Alloy Steel）
As a leading paper making equipment manufacturer, AGICO can provide you with high quality wood chipping machine and relevant information about drum wood chipper and disc wood chipper in details.